This year my one little word is Gracious.
I have been thinking about what I wanted our family word to be in 2011. Last year, we chose joy. In 2009 we chose to be authentic. This year, I knew I wanted my one little word to summarize the saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all." I struggled with how I could simplify this thought into one single word.
Jeff suggested I look up the word grace in the thesaurus, which led me to look up gracious and here is what I found.
After reading the list of antonyms, I knew this was the word for us. My prayer for our family in 2011, is that we will be known for our gracious spirit and not be characterized by the list of antonyms.
Will we get it right 365 days out the year? No, defiantly not but my prayer is that we will grow and recognize opportunities where we could work on our one little word. Gracious.
To be a part of Ali Edward's One Little Word, go here.
I got the inspiration for the pin print art shown above here.
