Thursday, April 14, 2011
A Feeding Frenzy First
Yesterday at lunch, I laid out a few Banana puffs on his tray and went into the kitchen to unload the dishwasher. This was the first time that I left food on the tray and he completely fed himself. Usually he gets frustrated & looks for us to feed him. Rough life.
Today we were out running errands and we stayed out a little later than planned. I was waiting to be checked out at the grocery store & he was starting to let me know he was HUN-GA-REE!! Thankfully I take a bottle with me for moments like this and started to feed his belly. Unfortunately for him, I was checked out and ready to head home before he was finished eating. As we were leaving the parking lot, he let me know he wasn't happy with this arrangement. We only live two minutes from the grocery store so I wasn't depriving him making him wait. As he continued to protest in the back, I decided to pull out my mom voice. "Andrew Jon, you have the bottle with you, if you would like, you are welcome to hold the bottle and feed yourself." Well, I didn't really think he would do it but he did! The little booger picked up the bottle and started feeding himself because that is the way I found him when I went to pull him out of the car seat.
