Tuesday, July 5, 2011
The Making of Future Olympians
For the past two weeks, Andrew & I enjoyed our first Mommy & Me swim class. The first day they asked us what we hoped to gain from the class. I didn't think it was too much to ask that they help launch his Olympic swimming career & beat all of Michael Phelps's records.
We both enjoyed getting to know our fellow classmates and we moms are already looking forward to getting together with the kids now & then. Andrew was the oldest in the class & also the most vocal. He pulled out all of his best tricks like saying "Hi" each morning to everyone & making sure that all the kids had a toy to play with. (Actually, I think he was trying to steal every one's toys but I am going to assume the best & not the worst of my child)
And we couldn't have asked for better swim teachers. Aaron & Emily were precious and absolutely great with our kids. In fact, we ran into Aaron yesterday at the pool gate & Andrew reached out to him & was smiling from ear to ear. I think they both were enjoying seeing each other & catching up. And then there was sweet, sweet Emily. This girl has already offered to babysit for Andrew & I just can't help but be giddy about this opportunity. She lives super close, first aid certified & has a genuine heart for kids. For me, "hiring" a teen to watch my child is a great opportunity for Jeff & I to pour into the lives of someone. I know I was blessed by the parents who I babysat for and cherish the one on one time I had with many of the mom's back in the day. They were strong women of faith, loving wives & mothers who invested in my life as well. I was truly, truly blessed by the time with these families and have looked forward to having an oppurunity to pass on the blessing to our babysitters.
Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better two weeks meeting new friends & learning new swimming tricks. Here is one last picture of Andrew's friend Kendall. Is she not the sweetest thing EVER?! She was the only girl in the class & she had no trouble holding her own with the two boys. Love her "Diva" look!