Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gratitude # 12-- Prayer


Tonight as I tucked Andrew into bed, I found myself lingering a little longer in his room than I do most nights.   Oh how I praise God for blessing us with this sweet baby boy--his life is proof that the Lord hears the prayers of many. During our nightly routine of rocking, reading & saying our prayers, my heart was with a sweet family who has lost their child this week.  Tomorrow morning Kamara will be induced to give birth to sweet Marabeth.  I keep thinking about how Kamara must feel as she waits for the morning to come, knowing that her baby girl is already in Heaven.  Oh how my heart breaks for my friend.

I am grateful for the power of prayer and how the prayers of many have blessed our life.  Prayer is an integral part of who I am and have been blessed by the prayers of others interceding on my behalf many times over the years.  If you are reading this, please take a moment & pray for the Cox family.  Pray especially for Kamara as she gives birth to Marabeth. 

Oh Lord, please give this family a peace that passes all understanding as they go through tomorrow and the coming days, weeks and years ahead.