Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gratitude #14 Our Church Home


Our home church is in a temporary location right now.  Every couple of weeks, Jeff & I arrive early to help transform the gym into The Sanctuary. :)  Even though it is early, we have really come to enjoy this time because it means an hour or two of great fellowship with some awesome people.  The picture posted above was taken a few months ago but is a scene we see often on Sundays.  Pastor Rod & Andrew always spend a few minutes after set up playing some game or Rod teaching Andrew a new trick.  This week's lesson was how to catch a tennis ball and it is a game that Andrew LOVES to play at home & church.

I realized that I needed to add a gratitude entry about our church home when we pulled into the parking lot and Andrew said, "Yea!" last week.  It warms my heart that HE LOVES CHURCH!  And I realized after a few minutes in the church nursery last Sunday that he may love his church a bit too much.  My boy went up to all the ladies and kissed them square on the mouth. I kept saying, "Andrew don't kiss the girls only Mama!" So he crawled over to me, kissed me on the arm and then proceeded to kiss the sweet young thing I happened to be holding in my lap, right on the lips.  Oh he makes me laugh!

Here is another picture I snuck a few weeks ago.  This boy will sit for as long as you need in the highchair as long as you keep the Puff snacks flowing.


So today I am grateful for our church and all the people who love on us & our little dude.