Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Cherry Clan Christmas Party 2011
early in the Christmas season, I heard a quote from a movie that I have reminded myself often this holiday season. "Blessed are the flexible because they will never be bent out of shape." Let me be honest, nothing has gone according to plan this holiday season and many times I have had to ask myself what flexible looked like in different scenarios. Jeff & Andrew have both come down with nasty colds and you know Jeff isn't feeling well when he turns down a party where the main dish is appetizers. Jeff encouraged me to attend the Cherry Clan party (his extended family's party) kid & husband free. And even though I hated to leave them behind (I missed them greatly) I am so glad that I went the flexible route and had a great night out. Thank you Mil & Fil for the ride & thank you Jeff for pushing me out the door! While Mom was away the boys played & I knew after seeing Jeff's face as he recounted the stories of Boy Night that I made the right move.
So the lesson learned here...the sweetest memories take place when we allow ourselves to go with the flow, throw out our expected plans & let the chips fall as they may.