Friday, June 15, 2012

A Nanny & Poppy Sleepover




Andrew spent the night with Nanny & Poppy last weekend when Jeff & I went on our date.  When we got home I checked my email and found the cutest write up from Nanny of their night.  When I picked Andrew up he was not ready to leave so I grabbed the camera and snapped a few pictures of him playing with his grandparents (and gave them fair warning that these were going on the blog along with her precious email). 

Subject: Andrew is Snug as a Bug in a Rug

Andrew is Snug as a Bug in a Rug
Jeff and Susan,

I just wanted to let you know that all is well with your little man. After he ate, I asked him if he wanted to take a walk he got all excited and said “yeth”. He wouldn’t have it any other way but that Poppy go too. So the three of us headed out, his little hand in mine and Poppy using his cane just for “moral support”. We walked over towards Amy and Jason’s house and as luck would have it, they were actually stopped out in the middle of their street talking to the guy that does their yard. We stopped there at the truck and then headed towards their house and they followed us to the driveway. We sat out on the driveway for a while and Babu ran around playing and in the sprinkler with Hayley. Jason went inside and brought out a Nerf football and they threw it around “playing football”. When it seemed like he may be getting a little tired, the three of us headed home with Andrew walking with the cane this time. He ate a few more fries that were left from his dinner and I gave him a good bath. He was a little dirty...perhaps a lot dirty but he’s clean as a whistle now. There were no pajamas that I saw in his bag so I just put a clean “wife beater” shirt that was in the bag and his diaper. I put him into his bed with his passy, bun-bun and he also spied the little Pooh lovie that I’d bought before he was born and it is usually in with the toys. He wanted that too, so I let him take it to bed. He’s been sleeping away, with not a peep out of him and the Whoosh machine is going.

No problems at all. He’s been so, so good and sweet as can be. We LOVE him so much. See you and/or Jeff tomorrow.

Our Love,
Nanny and Poppy


Thanks for watching the Little Babu & sending us this sweet email. The mental picture of him walking back with Poppy's cane gave us a great laugh.

We love you guys! Jeff & Susan