Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day 2012



Christmas Day 2012 did NOT go the way we had planned & that's okay, it was a GREAT day in large part to the SNOW that came this day. 

Hello White Christmas!

We had plans to head to Dallas with Jeff's family but as we were getting ready to head out the door the snow was falling down pretty heavy.  It wasn't the getting there that made us nervous but the coming home at night that caused Jeff to pull the plug and keep us all at home.  And boy were we bummed because we the Christmas Dinner was going to be a Feliz Navidad theme (Mexican food).  So my refried beans that had been cooking all morning in the crock pot turned into bean burritos for us & it was good, very, very good.

Jeff & I missed being with our family but let's be honest WE LOVED MAKING MEMORIES IN THE SNOW with Andrew.  Andrew would have been happy to hang outside all day long, "making tracks." 


After naps and dinner we headed back outside to play in a fresh layer of snow. Jeff and I were FREEZING but the boy did not want to come inside.  I had a moment of genius and filled the tray that was to transport our food with a bunch of snow.  Hello playing inside with snow.  It didn't last forever but did last long enough to entertain the 2 year old :)




  Christmas 2012 was a wonderful blessing for us and I cherished every single moment with my boys.