Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Red One.



Today was a big day in our house.  Andrew's VERY last paci tore in two last night and so I asked him him what we did with broke things.  "We throw them away."  And off the paci went to the trash with not much gnashing of the teeth.

While we were out grabbing a bite to eat, I pulled into the local HL and was going to see about finding him a fun craft or cheapo toy to give him as a reward.  He made a beeline over to the valentines day bears. 

I thought he was going to pick up the cute little lion that said, "LOVE" on his belly.  But no, he wanted "the red one."   I made sure he didn't want the lion with the word love on his belly. 

"No. I want the red one."

And so we brought home "the red one" and on our way to naptime we discussed that this bear's name was actually a fairy coming to help him as long as needs to fall asleep without a paci.  So far, so good even though it does take him a little longer than normal to fall asleep we haven't had any fits for the paci.

I couldn't be more proud of Andrew.  Sad to see him grow up but happy to have this one hurdle behind us.

p.s  while taking the above picture today, Andrew wanted me to be sure I took a picture of his other friends.

BunBun

 Mr. Monkey

And Monster Truck.