On Sunday, Andrew turned 5 months old. Out of all the monthly shots I have taken this one is my favorite. I am finally able to capture his personality in pictures. This is his "Hey there" face.
| Andrew loves to play with his paci--love his little feet in this picture. |
I can't believe that it has already been five months. I packed up his 3 month clothes on Monday and had a moment where if I thought about it too much I could have broken down into the ugly cry. How do Mom's not cry at every single milestone? I struggle with giving him wings to grow but wanting to hold on to how things used to be just a bit longer. Unfortunatley time does not stand still so I must make the most of every--single--moment (even when he refuses his naps).
| Cuddling with Mom--a rare treat these days |
Jeff and I are very blessed to have little Andrew Jon in our lives. One of my prayers, even before I was pregnant is that our children would be joyful. This kid is definatley a joyful baby. A few Sundays ago, Jeff and I were both involved with our ministries at church. Andrew was hanging out with a few of his favorite ladies at church before the nursery opened. At one point, I looked over to see how he was doing and he had his head leaned toward one of the ladies, smiling from ear to ear. Jeff and I are very, VERY thankful that our son is capable and seems to enjoy hanging with people other than his parents.
Andrew has also blessed his mama greatly within the past thirty days by sleeping through the night. I can lay him down between 7:30 & 8 and most nights will not hear from him until 6 or 6:30 in the morning. I thank God daily for this new found freedom at night. After he goes to bed, I find myself puttering around the house for an hour or two getting things organized. This for me is heaven on earth. I have also started to read more at night which I LOVE. (And I blog--which I know the grandparents LOVE)
Another huge blessing that has become consistent this past month is Daddy & Andrew time. When Jeff gets home from work he stays up long enough to feed and spend quality time with his son. I am very grateful for this because usually I get to sleep in a little longer or meet two of my friends for a morning workout. I know this is a routine that both Father & Son look forward to each day.
Andrew, your parents love you very much! We thank God daily for you and savor every moment watching the world through your eyes. We pray that God never be far from your thougths and that you will know who He is at an early age. Your life, sweet one, is proof that God's timing is perfect. Every time we hear you laugh or when you reach to hold our hand we know without a doubt you were very much worth the wait.
Here is a collage of the rest of the monthly photos I have taken so far.
