Tuesday, January 18, 2011

He Fought the Law & The Law Won--Eventually



To my sweet, teething little boy,

Today was a rough one, wasn't it? You tried to fight the law (me) but the law won---eventually.   Mommy tried to soothe you as best that she could but eventually you just had to lay in your bed and scream. I was afraid at one point our neighbors were going to call CPS because you were raising the roof in protest.  I have NEVER had you act like you did today.  I was so perplexed by your behavior that I did what any confused mother does, takes a picture.  I only got your red face and you biting down on your fingers but boy were you mad.  At one point you arched your back and mouth wide open like you were telling me where I could put that camera.  I rocked you for an hour and you still screamed.  I would think you were almost asleep and then. THEN. you started up again.  Finally at the end of the day, after not napping for more than 20 minutes you fell asleep in my lap.  Your Daddy asked if he could get me anything, to which I said no.  At that very moment, all was right in my world.  My baby was sleeping and mommy was getting a now rare moment of cuddling with my little man. 

Thank you for making today an adventure and reminding me (yet again) to go with the flow.  You are God's means of humbling your sweet mom and I thank you for doing your job well. 

Please be good to mommy and sleep good tonight!

I love you, sweet Andrew! 

PS Tomorrow I will post your 5 month pictures that somehow we managed to get today and boy are they cute. Here is an outtake to entice the Young365 readers to come check us out tomorrow