Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Brrrr-ng! Brrrr-ng!


You see this phone? This is our NEW phone circa 1965.

When Jeff told me he was shopping for a rotary dial phone I was intrigued but I was hoping he would buy something more along this line.



I admit it's a fun little phone to have in our kitchen even if it does sit on the counter.  Jeff is hoping it becomes a great conversation starter when we have people over for dinner. 

Did you know that most kids these days do not realize that the original ring tone is a brrr-ng, brr-ng sound?  My nephew was over one day and heard my office phone ring (which is a cordless phone made in 2009) and he said, "What's that noise?"  I was baffled that he really did not realize the ringing sound was the phone ringing.  I guess he has become so accustom to his parents cell phones playing music that he didn't realize phones actually do a brr-ng, brr-ng. 

Jeff can't wait to introduce his rotary phone to our nieces and nephews.  Eli may not know what to think when he hears the VERY LOUD, VERY DISRUPTIVE BRRRR-NG! BRRRR-NG!