Monday, January 24, 2011

simple goodness

So here's the deal... I had BIG plans of taking lots of pictures this weekend and documenting it for our family sake.  The problem is, I was enjoying myself so much that I forgot to pull out my camera a time or two.  It was a great weekend.  A simple weekend, filled with down home goodness (like Pop's chili recipe) and sweet memories (like watching Uncle Jeff and Nephew Jacob bouncing on the mini-trampoline).

Jeff and I LOVE a weekend where we can find the perfect balance of time spent with just our family of 3, time with loved ones and time spent fellowshiping with good friends.  This weekend had all of that plus a bag of chips.  Seriously...a great weekend.

Flipping through my camera today I had this thought that I feel trumps the weekend update. 

Jeff and I have been humbled to be surrounded by friends and family who have walked with us through thickk & thin in our time of waiting.  The silver lining that came from those four years has been watching loved ones love on our baby and he loving them right back.  This kid is blessed beyond measure with people who love him dearly.  Truly, truly blessed.

Here are a two of my favorite pictures from a recent upload. 

Andrew laughing with his Aunt Mere

Mrs. Suzy having her weekly Sunday morning chat with Andrew.


And here is one final picture I had to post because it is so stickin' cute.  Something tells me that these two will keep his mom & I on our toes in a few month and I can't wait!!

"Whatcha got there, couz?" -Andrew