Monday, January 17, 2011

The First of Many...

This past weekend, Jeff & I went on our very first date night since Andrew was born. Fortunately for me, this was NOT his first night leaving him with a babysitter. Our families have been very generous in offering up their time during the week so that this mom can recharge her batteries sipping Starbucks and shopping the aisles of Target. Let me tell you they weren't kidding when they said, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." I usually can't wait to get home to my little man. :)

While Jeff and I were out, Andrew ran with his Uncle Gunnar and family. It blesses me to the core to see Andrew interact with Gunnar, Missy and the kids. He adores them and I know the feeling is mutual.

Jeff refused to take a picture during our date night, I tried but he said, "No way, Jose!" I couldn't post about our first night out without some sort of picture.  So I used plan B, a picture of our son.  Can you believe this was the only picture Missy took that night? The newness of Andrew must have worn off (ooh, just kidding)  But let me tell you, this kid is MUCH cooler than his parents---5 months old and already had dinner with a famous person.  A certain Cowboy player {cough...# 82--Jason Whitten} was out dining with his children that night too.   Apparently Friday nights at Chick-Fil-A is where the cool kids go...if it's good enough for Andrew it must be good enough for Jason's kids.  Ha!




Uncle Gunnar & The Lil Dude
 Thanks again Johnson fam for keeping Andrew for us!

Maybe next time our date will include something a bit more romantic than shopping at Home Depot & Costco.  Honestly, those are two of my favorite places to shop so I was NOT complaining a bit.  Yet we have become those parents who an hour earlier than planned looked at each other and said, "So, you want to go see what our son is doing?"

Faith Hill was right, "A baby changes everything!"