Sunday, January 9, 2011

Whilrwind Weekend



Here is a picture of the kitchen table after a long, whirlwind weekend.  The table should be called the dumping ground because it seems to be the place everything gets dumped.  This weekend has been a WONDERFUL time of family & Andrew firsts (first road trip, first day in the snow) but the thought of putting together something some what intelligent is just beyond what my tired brain can muster.

I promise to write & post pictures from the weekend tomorrow.  But here's a "real life" story to show you just how off my brain is today.

I left Andrew's bottle at our small group leader's house tonight (K, will get next week)  and didn't realize this until we were already seated at the restaurant being greeted by our server.  Jeff volunteered to run home to get one for me.  Thankfully we live a stones throw away from many great places to eat so it took him no time to go there and back.  I entertained the little man & placed our order while Jeff went home--it worked out beautifully. Jeff gets Father of the Year award for not only going to get a bottle but fixing one up so that all I had to do was pop it into the little man's mouth.  So thankful for a man who thinks ahead.



Saturday Morning Chats with Dad are the best!

I share this story as a reminder to us years from now what the real world was like with Andrew as a 4 month old baby.  We all have days where things don't go according to plan but I believe the key is just learning to roll with the punches and not sweat the small stuff.