Thursday, February 3, 2011

Surviving the Snow Days

So what do you when you live in Texas and are out of school for the third day in a row and cabin fever has set in?  You pack up your gear and head over to Aunt Sue Sue's house.

We have figured out the way to survive the Winter Blast of 2011 and make fun memories at the same time.

Sipping Hot Chocolate with the Works is a MUST

Watching a movie we all can agree on


Man to Man Chats

Fun Winter Hats

 
Rotary Phone Calls

Teaching Andrew about animals from the Charlotte's Web DVD cover

Today was a fun day & a nice break for us all.  I invited the kids over for an afternoon of fun which paid off big time for me in the long run because they entertained Andrew AND helped me build catalogs for work. 
 
A few conversations I want to document for memory sake:
 
Katy- "Our Internet fried in the storm.  Not like fried chicken, just fried."
 
Faith-- "Justin Bieber he's cool."
Eli-- "No, he's dumb."
Faith--"I still like him."
Eli--"But last week you said he was dumb?"
Faith--"I changed my mind."
 
Eli--"Your house is small."
Me--"Oh you think.  I kinda like it small."
Eli---"well you could atleast have another room with a television.
Me--"I will get on that."

(He was mad b/c we booted him off the XBOX for a movie.  I do have another television in the guest room and will pull out the old XBOX from storage to hook up for his next visit.)
 
Katy--"Andrew.  This is a pig.  We eat pigs. They die.  This is a lamb.  We get our clothes from lamb. They also die "
 
Faith-"All animals die sometime for humans."  (HA!!)
 
 
Andrew & Uncle Gunnar
 
I think we may have mistaken Andrew's facial expression here.  We were thinking he was being sweet but something tells me Andrew may have been asking Uncle Gunnar when the he was taking the cousins home.  Not long after they left, Andrew fell asleep in my arms and I have barely even heard from the poor kid.  
 
Thanks Johnson crew for coming to hang with us this afternoon.  Big thanks again to Faith & Katy for helping build catalogs for work too! You girls were a huge help sorting pictures.  I must have you over to work more often.  You are catalog building PROS!!