This past weekend we celebrated my #33. We started the weekend by a trip to Abilene for Sing Song weekend at ACU. This was Andrew's first overnight stay in a hotel and considering it was his first time to not sleep in his crib and we pushed him to the limit, he did alright. He melted down an hour out of town but we just trucked on through and made it work. It was rough for a bit but we made it work.
No trip to Abilene is complete without a trip to Joe Allen's BBQ. Andrew had his first taste of potato salad since the way they serve it is mashed potato style. He LOVED every bite and I probably should have ordered extra because he was not happy with eating my leftovers.
| Andrew trying to decide what to eat. |
We rushed home Sunday in order to get back in time for the family birthday celebration. We had our families over to celebrate the 33rd with cake and ice cream. It sure was fun having everyone in our home to celebrate, converse and eat cake at every ones leisure. And my mom as always made my infamous birthday cake & boy was it a nice treat to have the leftovers this week.
| My Two Boys--two of God's greatest blessings given to me |
I don't know if it was the fact that I was turning a year older or driving around my ole college stomping grounds with my family of 3 but gratitude flowed all through me. God has blessed my journey & in all things from going to ACU, choosing to come home, meeting Jeff, marrying & later having Andrew is proof that God's timing is perfect. I marvel at how He has made Romans 8:28 be magnified within our family of 3. I feel honored to be these two boys wife & mother.
It was a happy, happy birthday indeed!
