Today you are 7 months old! Say what?!?! Time is flying way too fast and I must remember to soak up every single moment with you. Even when you lay on the floor and scream at the top of your lungs.
I think it's safe to say that you found your voice this past month. You also started saying your version of Mama. It sounds more like "Naw-Naw" than MaMa but it's cute & the name you use for me so I will take it. Although would you mind not saying it on the monitor at 3 a.m? You don't fool me Little Man. I know you are okay but for some reason every morning at that time, you wake up for 15 minutes and say "Naw-Naw?, Naw-Naw?" It's almost like you are saying "Hello? Anyone there?" and when you realize that I am going to continue sleeping you go back to sleep until the morning. It makes me smile every time.
You also started drinking water out of a sippy cup. Yes, it's your favorite thing to chew on but I just know one day you will realize the real use for this cup so I continue to give to you.
And I think it's safe to say you are a daredevil. I have found you hanging like this many times this month. There is nothing you will not try to hang from and this scares me to think what you will be like when you become mobile. You also LOVE to do back flips from someones lap. I warn people all the time to watch out when they hold you because if they aren't watching you will dive bomb backwards and hurt yourself. Oh Lord, have mercy on us!
But who am I to complain when you are willing to share your bottle with me? It's become a little game we play in the morning and it makes waking up worth while to see your baby blues looking at me over the bottle.
Elmo continues to be a favorite friend around here too. Although your favorite thing to watch is NOT Elmo but Larry the Cucumber from Veggie Tales. The minute you hear the opening beats of Veggie Tales theme song your eyes are glued to the screen. "Bum, bum, bum, bum--if you like to waltz with potatoes up and down the produce aisle...." You also will sit and laugh at the different characters. It's pretty cute to watch you interact with your "friends".
This month has been all about the belly. Yet your first choice is to play on your back which you let us know by throwing one big fit. We know it's for your own good to try new things so throw a fit if you must, we will win in the long run. And aren't you a little stinker? The past couple of days I have noticed that you are starting to pull up on your knees. Oh-oh! Will we be writing about you learning to crawl next month? Good God, I hope not! I am not ready for you to move and groove just yet.
Andrew, when I started to blog tonight I realized the day got away from us & we haven't taken a picture of you in your red chair. Tomorrow morning--you, me and the camera make three. Who cares if it's a day late!
Your little personality is starting to shine through and I am afraid to say it's going to be LOUD like your mama's. Your Dad will not know what to do with TWO chatterboxes under the same roof. What joy you bring into our little family of three. I can't wait to see what new tricks you learn next.
We love you, Little Dude!
Love, Nah-Nah!