Monday, April 18, 2011

Andrew: Eight Months





Andrew on Saturday we celebrated you EIGHT month birthday! WOW!  You are getting to be a BIG boy! 
Tonight at dinner, you were showing your Dad one of your new tricks and he said, "Man, you are getting to be a big boy...you are not the little baby you once were...and this makes your mom sad."
Yep.  It's true, it makes me sad to see you grow up so fast.  Truth is I have a love/hate relationship with your growth.  I love that you are learning new things, becoming more active and growing up healthy, big & strong.  But I hate that my little baby boy is getting to that stage where he would rather bounce, bounce, bounce than snuggle on mom's chest.  Every once in awhile you bless your mommy by laying your head down and going to sleep or snuggling up close to me (like you used to do) 
This month you officially say "Da-da" & "Ma-Ma."  You melt your parent's heart when you say it over & over again.  You now reach for people when you want them to hold you.  You also love to reach for the ladies at church who wear fancy necklaces.  I have officially reached that stage where my jewelry stays safe in drawer. It's easier to go necklace less, than fight you as you try to pull every  bauble and bead into your mouth.  You also had your first kiss this month.  WHAT IN THE WORLD, SON!  The other day, one of our sweet neighbors came over to say hi and you leaned over, hugged her neck and slapped her with a wet one right on the mouth. I WAS SHOCKED & so was Miss E--we truly did not see that coming, young man.  You better lock up those lips for another eighteen years, Little Mister.
Andrew, I know we tell you in every monthly post but your Dad & I LOVE YOU TO PIECES!  We are so blessed to have you in our life & we couldn't imagine our lives without you.  You are a blessing and well worth the wait. :)
We love you and your squinched up nose very much!
Happy Eight, Baby Boy!
Love,
Mmmmm-ma-ma!