Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Celebrating Mother's Day 2011

When you can't get one picture you like, why not post all 4 for memory sake?

Our first Mother's Day together was WONDERFUL!  The Young boys sure do know how to take care of the lady of the house.  The big event from the weekend is that they treated me to a trip to Lowe's to pick out my first ever set of gardening tools and flowers.  I come from a long line of gardeners and have always dreamed of having my own garden to tend to so this was a GREAT gift for this first time Mom and first time homeowner.  Last year, I was Large Marge--there was no way I was going to be able to bend over to pull weeds long enough.  HA!

Saturday night as we were heading home from the store, Andrew starts screaming in the backseat.  Jeff & I were discussing our plans for dinner.  He mentions to me that he will run up to the store and get a few things to make dinner while I put Andrew to bed.  As we sit at a redlight and Andrew continues to scream, I realize what I really want to do is go to the store by myself.  So we quickly decide to swap duties & off to the store I go.  As I am dropping the boys off at the house, Jeff mentions that I am choosing alone time over a Mother's day card.  Card? Alone time? Card? Alone time? ALONE TIME!  Funny thing is, as I am walking into Kroger I run into my brother and his family so I was able to catch up with them and enjoy talking Extreme Couponing with my sister in law.  Yes, you know you are getting older when coupon chats bring you much happiness. 

That last paragraph will serve as my personal Hallmark card.  I never want to forget the joy I felt that Saturday night, walking through the ailses of the local grocery store knowing that I would have a bathed and sleeping baby at home.  It's the little things that bring me joy, people! :)