Wednesday, June 22, 2011
"Hello...It's Me...Jacob!"
Blog world, meet Nephew Jacob. My little buddy.
His life was a ray of sunshine for his Uncle Jeff & I when we were smack dab in the middle of Operation Project Plus Sign. I look back on those years and am so thankful that we chose joy in the waiting (it wasn't easy but it sure did pay off in the end). If we hadn't chosen to live in OUR moment we would have missed out on getting to know & love a great kid. I'm just saying...
The past few weeks, Jacob has started to use his mom's phone to call me every now and then. When I see her name come up on caller id, I look forward to seeing if I will have Mere or Jacob on the other line. If there is a delay or deep breathing coming from the other end I know it's the boy calling (or at least I hope it's the boy...HA!)
"Jacob! Whatcha doing little buddy?"
"Hangin' at the house."
"Oh yeah"....and then we start our conversation about cars, what's on TV or An-zoo (Andrew)
The other day I didn't get to to the phone fast enough and later heard the sweetest message from the boy.
"Hello. Aunt Sue Sue? It's Jacob. Are you home? click."
Oh my word talk about MELT.YOUR.HEART.
I called him back & we had the sweetest conversation about nothing at all.
Thank you Lord for this precious, precious boy! What a blessing he is to Uncle Jeff and me!