Friday, June 24, 2011

The Hot Tamale Train & A Few Good Reads




The 2011 Summer Reading List


The Glass Castle
I Still Dream About You
Me Talk Pretty One Day
The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - A Love Story
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
War of Words: Getting to the Heart of Your Communication Struggles










Every summer I try to challenge myself to spend more time reading and less time watching television. This year I am back at it again--starting now...or when Wimbledon is finished, or when the Rangers aren't playing. Oh alright, anything other than SPORTS!  The point is to spend less time in front of the television & more time with my nose shoved in between the pages of a great novel (try doing that with a Nook). Thanks to my fellow Bookworms for the book suggestions. I have a whole list of books to last me until next summer. 

P.S The only show I allow myself to watch (not sport related, of course) is So You Think You Can Dance--because nothing says summer more than hearing Mary Murphy scream, "You are on the Hot Tamale Train!!"