Thursday, June 9, 2011

Let's Go Mavericks!


In our house there are two teams we root for no matter how the season goes.  Charger football is one and the other is the Dallas Mavericks.  I have been a HUGE fan since before Mark Cuban & Dirk Nowitzki and well it was ugly back in the day, simply ugly!  Our poor little team was the brunt of many jokes but NOW! NOW!! we are playing in the NBA finals for the second time!  I told Jeff the other day I may or may not need an intervention if they do not win the series-my heart is FULLY invested on these boys WINNING!

During the second game of the finals, I was sitting on my couch glued to the screen while Andrew was sound asleep and J was at work.  It was a GREAT game!  Even though they were down 15 points, I refused to give up watching and hung in until the very end.  I am so glad I did because the final 4 minutes were A-MAZING!!  I was so enthralled in cheering for my team (jumping on the couch like Tom Cruise, yelling "Go! Go! Go!) that I forgot that I had a sleeping tot in the other room.  Poor Andrew started to scream like no ones business--I really don't think he knew what to do with the sounds coming from the living room.  I ended up having to get him out of the crib to calm him down.  I felt horrible for waking him and promised the tot he would get his first ever foam finger for putting up with Mama's crazy fan antics!

As you can tell from the pictures above, he is a huge fan of his Maverick foam finger!

Tonight is Game 5---LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!! (clap.clap.clap.clap.clap!)