Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Andrew: 11 Months



Andrew,

On Saturday, July 16, you turned 11 months old.  I didn't post that day because I have been in denial that in less than thirty days you will be a ONE YEAR OLD!  Be still my heart.

This month has been such a sweet month.  You little personality is coming out in full force & I love it.  Yet, I am not really a fan of the frequent parenting moments that have taken place this month.  You little dude are into EVERYTHING!  You now know the words, "Andrew Jon, no touch" very well (but you still like to go your own way--HA!)


In the past month, you have become a big fan of books.  You will sit on the floor for quite a long time "reading" your books.  Your favorite book is Pat the Bunny.  In fact, just today you were laying on the floor playing with your friends Paul & Judy and I asked you if you wanted to pat the bunny.  You shuffled through the pages until you got to the furry bunny page and smiled up at me and patted the bunny all on your own.  You made your mama very proud, Little Bookworm!


You also LOVE to feed yourself these days.  Puffs are still number one but you have branched out to pieces of cheese, raisins, chicken, french fries cheerios and pasta noodles.  It really is sweet to watch you lean over your tray and shove the food in. One of our frequent parenting moments this month has been teaching you to keep your food on the tray.  The words "Andrew Jon, no drop" are probably dancing around in your head each night you fall asleep.


 And who doesn't love watching a baby play with his reflection in the mirror?  Andrew, I love watching you discover new things and this is truly one of my favorite things to watch.  You and your reflection are very best friends and crack each other up for long periods of time. 



Andrew, your Dad & I love you so very, very much!  We are blessed to have you in our life and are soaking up every single day with you.  We love you with all of our heart and look forward to celebrating your first year in the next few weeks.  Please ignore my tears, I promise you they are tears of joy!

Mommy & Daddy love you, sweet boy!