Monday, October 24, 2011

Eat More Cake!

The month of October is chalk full of birthdays. In a span of three days, we celebrate Aunt Missy (not pictured), Jeff's Dad and Niece Hayley. This year Poppy's birthday fell on Charger Sunday so we gathered all the fam to watch the game and chow down on lasagna.
Birthday Buddies and the Beagle
Andrew had a blast running with the boys.  The picture below is the epitome of trouble's coming.  HA!


 I overheard Poppy tell Nanny the next day that his favorite part of his birthday was having us all under the same roof.   I thought that was such a sweet thing for him to say and loved that I was able to catch that conversation. 

Nanny & Poppy with their kiddos!
 We all enjoyed a little family reading time read by Jacob, the almost 3 year old.  Not the best picture quality but I love the "action" shot.  Can you tell Poppy was impressed?!  Priceless!

And the Chargers wished Pops a Happy Birthday by beating the Broncos.


And no birthday is complete without a little cake.  Check out Poppy's helper and his cheeks.  This kid was serious when he said he would help Poppy blow out his candles.


A congratulatory high five for a job well done!


Happy Birthday to my favorite October birthdays!  We sure do love you all!