Thursday, December 15, 2011

Elijah's {6th} Birthday Party



we celebrated Elijah last Thursday with his class mates & Andrew.Twenty, 6 year old boys are quite crazy (and the smell--shoeee!).  Andrew wanted desperately to be able to keep up with the boys--it was fun & nerve racking to watch him "penguin walk" to them as they zoomed by him from one slide to another.  And if I had a quarter for every time I heard my brother say, "Imagine this energy in our living room!" I would be a rich woman.  It was INSANE!

My favorite line of the night was from one of the a party goer's Mom who was not too happy that I didn't cut her son off when he asked for his 6th helping of sweet tea. (What?!? It's a party the last night before Christmas break AND I'm Aunt Sue Sue--those rules don't apply---keep the drinks a flowing--actually I thought he was the kid whose mom left to run errands---my bad)  She says loud enough for me to hear, "No more drinks! He does have to sleep tonight!"  And yes, I gave him a 7th helping when she wasn't looking!  That kid is probably still bouncing off the walls. {Merry Christmas to you!}

Hats off to Gunnar & Missy for have the foresight to host a party out of their house--it was a great party but imagine all that energy in your living room!  Ha!