Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Note to Andrew

Andrew,

I was cleaning the kitchen tonight and after the millionth time of almost tripping over your Thomas the Train Choo-Choo, I realized that ever since you turned a year old I haven't written a blog post just for you.  You sweet boy continue to take my breath away every time I realize that you are my son. Please forgive me as I continue to gush over the fact that you are the baby your Dad and I spent years praying for and hoping would join our family one day.  Honestly I hope we never forget the gift that your life is to our family and how blessed we are that God would remember us and answer our prayers. 

Okay, okay I will stop the gushing for now...


Andrew, you are a talker!  Last night at 1:30 in the morning you were talking over the monitor.  I laid there laughing at you and the funny way you go about getting your words out.  The only way to describe this is you sound like Daffy Duck from Bugs Bunny!  It really is the cutest thing & the words you can say--oh my goodness you have a list of vocab words for a 17 month old.  Car, Tain (Train) Tuck (Truck), Sock, Shoo (Shoe) Mama, Dad-dee, Shooee (our code word for change me quick), Bah (Bath), Cheese (clear as day), Peese (Please), Hanks (thanks), Chur (Church said every time we pull into the church parking lot), Sta (Stop), Nigh-Night (Said often at bed time as you walk yourself to the crib), Chaw-ger (Chargers), Mah (short for Mavericks), bawbaw (for basketball) baw (for football or any other round object), uh-oh (usually means we need to check to see what just happened) go (anytime we head out the door), hi-ee (said every morning) up (said when you want us to pick you up) side (as you point to the door to go outside) baw, Gee-Gee (for Gigi the only grandmother name you say clear as a bell) Paw-Paw (for my Dad) and my favorite Gah-di (for God did when we asked who made you).


This year I started to read to you from your daily Bible that Mr & Mrs Newman gave to you before you were born.  This has been a fun time because you will only sit for a few sentences then you are off to play with the toy nearest you.  You also make the snake sound every time we ask you who made Adam & Eve.  "Sssss" sweet boy is not the answer we are looking for, "Gah-di" would be the correct answer :)



At dinner, Daddy will lead our family in a prayer before we eat.  You insist on holding hands a few more times before you will let us eat.  There really isn't anything cuter than watching you reach for our hand and say "Ahh!" for Amen.



Lately you have become a real handful when it comes to "training up a child in the way they should go."  I find myself on my knees more & more asking the Lord to guide me in how that way you are to go is supposed to flesh itself out. The other day, I was at my wits end and it wasn't even 10 am.  I had turned on Baby Praise because that seems to be the only way to keep you still while I take a few minutes to have a quiet time.  I was reading the verse in Isaiah that talks about those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. Funny thing is, this was the verse your Dad and I clung to when we were waiting for you.  I laugh that this was the verse I found great comfort in during this present circumstance.  As I was reading and writing a few thoughts in my journal, I look up and there you were, standing in front of the television, arms raised rocking back and forth.  Even as I type the memory of this tears begin to pour.  I know without a doubt that you were worshiping the Lord that day.  And honey no words can describe the emotions that ran through me as I realized that I was looking at tangible proof that God does answer prayers.  I needed that reminder that day of how precious your life is not only to your Dad and I but the many, many people who prayed for us to have a child.  I cherish EVERY SINGLE MOMENT WITH YOU!  I don't enjoy every single one of them but I cherish them because they are our moments.  Your life is a gift to us and we couldn't imagine our life without you in it.

Thank you for the joy you bring, the songs you sing and the funny things you do that make you, YOU!

Oh how I love YOU!

Love,
Mama