The difference between 2011 versus 2012 is the fact that I had a little 6 month old who slept multiple hours in the day. This year, not so much. I find myself getting VERY, VERY creative with balancing work, an active toddler and the household stuff. So in the process of staying up on top of things at work, I work late into the night and well updating the blog has sunken to the bottom of the totum pole.
So....please forgive the massive blog update...I will find my rhythm soon and get back into more consistent posts soon or maybe not---taking it one day at a time & soaking up this crazy life I lead a mom to a toddler!
Elijah was the star of the month at school a couple of weeks ago & I wasn't able to get away from the office so Jeff offered to take Andrew to support his oldest cousin. I told Jeff he had to get a picture for the blog--this is what I got...thanks Jeff HA! :)
My coworker gifted us his tickets to the Stars game one Friday night. Jeff & I had so much fun & I loved yelling "Fight! Fight! Fight!" I have never been to a Stars game & was so thankful for my coworker offering up his great seats for us.
Andrew has become a BOOKWORM with a capital BOOK--WORM! I couldn't be happier. Early in the morning, I hear him talking in his crib and then I hear a auggh! I usually find him standing in his crib pointing at his basket of books. I can throw a few books into his crib and he will be perfectly content to sit and read while I make him breakfast. He also insists on reading while I change his diaper. Something tells me once he is potty trained he will move his basket of books next to the toilet. ALL BOY!
One of the creative things I have done in recent weeks is to set Andrew in my office chair and let him "craft" His first craft day was on his Aunt Amy's birthday and he made her a card. I love watching him explore his creative side and it keeps him busy for a few minutes while I get things checked off the to do list.
Andrew also loves spending time w/ the big guys. My Dad helped Jeff transport his car to the mechanic the other day and Andrew did not want to leave the guys for a second. He thought he would be a big help and check out all the bolts on the trailor. (Notice his flip flops--too sweet!)
we celebrated super bowl at the Young's and enjoyed feasting on a variety of appetizers. Andrew got to hang out with one of his favorite people, his Uncle Jason. There really isn't anything sweeter than watching someone love on your kids. These two our best buds & it blesses Jeff & I to the core to watch the two of them together.
During the second half of the game, Andrew melted down. He was way over his limit and we all jumped into hyperdrive to get him bathed and put into bed. I was holding him in the room where he sleeps and he started to lay his head on my chest. He fell asleep on my chest and it was one of the sweetest moments of the super bowl. The days of Andrew sleeping on my chest are few and far between so I treasure these quiet moments, feeling his sweet breath in my face. Hmmm, where did my baby go?!?