Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Number Thirty-Four



Number 34 fell on a Tuesday & well middle of the week birthdays are not as much fun when you are an adult.  But this day was special thanks to the traditional 10:10 am (time I was born) birthday call from my mom, flowers and gift from my coworkers, the Facebook birthday messages, the sweet phone calls from family & friends, my lunch date with Dad & Andrew, an impromptu dinner at Mama's pizza (so this Mama didn't have to cook) along with my parents, the kids and sister in law (who brought cake) and a sleepover with my mom. I wanted this day to be a LOW KEY--NO FUSS day.  Wait? Did I say NO FUSS! Well...Andrew did NOT get the NO FUSS memo. From beginning to end, he was a mess & downright challenging. It was a FUSS day for sure!  At one point, I shut myself off in my bathroom for a bit of peace & quiet and started to laugh hysterically. It struck me funny that all my life I wanted to be a mother and thought for many years this would never happen and so when MY BIRTHDAY rolls around & he pulls out all the naughty tricks on this day, I just had to laugh.

Girl, you're a mother now.
Happy Birthday to YOU!

This picture below is what I like to call, "The calm before the storm!"  Ha!