Thursday, February 16, 2012

Andrew: 18 Months


Andrew,

I recently took you for your eighteen month check up. I can't believe that you are 18 months old! They weren't kidding when people told your Dad & I that we would blink & you would no longer be a baby any more.  You are growing up at lighting speed & I must admit, I don't like it a bit!


Baby boy, I am not going to lie & say this is the easiest time of my life because well, it's just not. These past few weeks, I have had to get very creative in finding ways to keep you occupied while I work. Who knew that an old can with holes cut in the top & felt balls to stuff in those holes would provide long streches of entertainment for you. I don't even mind finding the felt balls all over the house at the end of the day because it keeps occupied for a bit while I answer emails.  And thanks to a fellow work at home mom for the suggestion of using the timer to keep you still for a bit while I work.  We have worked our way up to a full fifteen minutes of you sitting on a blanket reading a few of your favorite books.  BLESS YOU SWEET BOY for being such a content little thing & enjoying your books like you do. 


You are becoming a curious little thing always wanting to be where the action is.  The other day, Daddy was changing the light bulbs in the kitchen & you just HAD to try out the ladder.  This was also the same day that I was sick & wanted nothing more than to lay down.  Thanks again to my creative upbringing because the fort made out of sheets provided you with hours of entertainment while I layed on the floor & dozed in and out.

The past few months, your vocabulary has grown leaps & bounds.  A few of our favorite words are: Bubbles, Purples, colors, toots, uh-oh & yes.  Tonight you bent over to pick up a car off the floor.  You tooted the whole way down.  I didn't say anything because I was curious to see how you would respond.  You looked up at me and said, "Uh-oh. Toots."  I asked if you had toots.  You said, "Yes." I then prompted you to say excuse me.  And you replied, "Use me!" Yes, you gave me a good laugh & a great story to pass on to your Dad when he got home from picking up dinner. 


Sweet Andrew, you are such a joy to your Dad & I.  The other day you were having a rough night & the only way I could get you to sleep was by laying you on on my chest while I was propped up with pillows on the couch.  It was a rare moment between you & I that I hope never to forget.  Your sweet hand, holding my hand with your breath on my cheek is just heaven on earth to me.  Your Dad woke up & joined me on the on the couch and for a brief moment I closed my eyes and pretened that we had stopped time.  I look forward to these moments with my two favorite boys relaxing on the couch.  I love you to pieces and am so thankful that God blessed us with the oppurtunity to be your parents.  Your life is a blessing to your Dad and me and we so enjoy watching you grow.

Thank you for being our precious, fun loving, tooting boy!

Love,
Mom & Dad