Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter with the Johnson Clan

The Saturday of Easter Weekend, the Johnson cousins spent the day with us. It was fun filled day of playing outside, soaking our feet in the Dr Scholls foot spa, hot dogs on the grill, a never ending Easter egg hunt and a spring fling put on by our neighborhood HOA.

All the kids (except Andrew) had a turn of soaking their feet. I love how the girls are super relaxed and the boys are not really sure what to think. No telling what Andrew & Eli were doing in the picture on the bottom right, their budding friendship is so fun to watch.


While at the neighborhood spring fling, the girls helped Andrew get over his fear of climbing and going down slides. Now we can't pass a park withouth him wanting to slide.




Aunt SueSue and her first nephew---he is growing up way too fast but still loves to cuddle every now & then.  I had Faith snap a picture of this rare but very sweet moment between the two of us.


When it got time to leave, the girls and I walked back to get our car so the boys could continue playing.  Katy decided she would help us get our excercise and push her in the stroller.  My arms and backside were sore the next day and my sides were hurting from the one liners coming from both of the sisters.  They really are a funny pair!



Andrew's first ever Easter egg hunt.  The older cousin's hid the eggs while I kept Andrew in the garage.  Later Eli wanted a turn so Katy, Faith and Andrew hid the eggs.  Actually Andrew would go behind the girls and pick up all the eggs that they just hid for E. 


According to Eli the first round was too easy for him. So the second round was a bit more challenging, let's just say I am still finding eggs in our yard in places even I forgot about.


Andrew loves to cuddle with Faith especailly because she lets him play the games on her phone. Nothing warms my heart more than to see Andrew cuddle on the couch with his girl cousins.  He is a huge fan of Faith and Katy.



Every year, the girls and I decorate the eggs.  Katy told me this year that Missy LOVES that I do this with them so that she doesn't have to have the "mess at her place."  I always thought I was overstepping a parenting moment but according the girls and Missy, it's a great blessing to her not to have to worry about it. So this year we three girls declared it was officially our thing to do from here on out.  Katy asked if next year we could get real fancy after I pulled out the paint markers and let them "jazz them up a bit"  This girl speaks my love language so I can't wait until we can fancy them up some more.

The colloage below is what happens when I let Katy and Faith take over picture duty. These were just too funny not to post on the blog for all to see :) As you can tell, it was a full day but a very fun day!! Thanks for making memories with us, Faith, Katy & Elijah!