Easter Sunday this year was a very low key affair for our family of three. We started the morning off with our church family. Every year, the Metro Children's choir does a special song in honor of Easter. This year, they did a special with the praise team. It was AWESOME! Brachele (who sang lead) and Marie (who directed the littles) did a GREAT JOB! But my favorite part of this day was singing with this guy, nephew Jacob.
It took a bit of coaxing from his parent's and a few tears were shed after his parents left him with the choir but he did it. I had a sweet moment with the little guy that I just had to document for memory sake. After his parent's left and in between rehearsals, I stepped down to where a tear streaked Jacob stood. I gave him a hug and pointed to my spot on stage. "I am right behind you--you are not alone--YOU CAN DO THIS!" He just burried his head in my neck and cried and for a brief moment, I had baby Jacob in my arms and not big, three year old nephew in my arms. It was a moment I will cherish FOREVER! And let's be honest, the main reason he was able to stand up there without fear was not be/c of Aunt Sue Sue being behind him or our little pep talk before hand. It was these two lovely ladies that he stood in between.
Aren't these a sweet bunch of kids?!?!