Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Faith Gwen!



To my the one who first started calling me Aunt SueSue,

Faith today you turn THIRTEEN years old.  I have said this to your Mom a couple of times this week, how is it that we are celebrating your THIRTEENTH birthday?!? I remember the first time I got to hold my baby niece in my arms,  I was so happy to be an Aunt. I so looked forward to your trips to Texas.  Thanksgiving week was my favorite time of the year because you always wanted to spend the night with Aunt SueSue.  We would pull out my trundle bed and watch Cinderelly (way past your bedtime most nights).  The day you started asking for Cinderella was a sad day for me.  I remember the many sleepovers when you were very young and we would play spa.  You and Katy would spend hours brushing my hair and I LOVED IT.  I love the time that you & Uncle Jeff sat for hours at one family event and he taught you algebra. You & he have been bonded for life with the love of math.  Sorry, girl I just don't get it.  I love that you are also an avid reader like myself.  BOOKWORMS ROCK!  Thank you for being a great cousin to Andrew.  I look forward to having you come and stay with him now that you are THIRTEEN.  YEA TO BABYSITTING GIGS! :)


Over the past few years, I have watched you grow from a little girl who loved Cinderelly to a young woman who has a heart for Jesus.  I was proud of you for the way that you stood up for your religious beliefs in your World Religion class your first year in Junior High.  I am proud of you for taking a stand with your friends and being a Light to many.  I am proud of you for wanting to spend spring break serving the girls in India.  I know that trip forever changed you and that God will use this time to great things in His kingdom to reach a dark world.  You are going places girl and as your Aunt SueSue, I love standing on the sidelines and cheering you on. THIRTEEN is a fun time in a girls life.  I hope you soak up every single moment.

I love you dearly and am so happy to call you my niece (and who shares my middle name)

Happy 13th Birthday from us to YOU!
Aunt SueSue, Uncle Jeff and Little Couz Andrew