Saturday, May 26, 2012
A Note for My Mom on Her Birthday!
Dear Mom,
Today you celebrate your 60th birthday. In my journal this morning I wrote, "What a blessing to have a mother, mentor and friend all wrapped into one." If you don't mind, I am going to take a moment to share the words I didn't say this past Saturday. I knew that if I said what was really on my heart that night, I would do one of those ugly cries and who wants to be crying when we had yet to dance to Saturday Night Fever!
It's no secret that you and I have had our ups & downs through the years. But here's the thing that I love about our relationship. We have the tough conversations with each other, we forgive and we move forward with a deeper a friendship on the other side. I love where we are at today--God has done and is doing a great thing between us. I would not change where we have been because it has made us stronger friends and I love having you for a friend, mentor and mom! We love each other warts and all!
Over the past 6 months, I have been able to see the ministry that God has given you first hand. I cherished the moments at CDR where you shared with my friends how God has turned your lemons into lemonade. I sat back at your 60th party and marveled at the way that you have touched the lives of many over the past decade. Each one of the people who got up to speak about you talked about how you walked with them through a tough time, you added light to the room and how you were a true friend to them in good times & bad. Mom, it was an honor for Jeff and I to sit on the sidelines and watch you friends love on you & want to give you a special night to remember.
Mom, thank you for being my rock, sounding board, wardrobe consultant, shopping buddy, my creative gal, my person who keeps me grounded and reminds not to sweat the small stuff and Andrew's Lynnie.
We love you & wish you a very happy 60th Birthday!
your blue-eyed Susan, favorite Son in Law & the Little Dude