Monday, September 17, 2012
Andrew's "Fhool"
A few changes have taken place at our house this fall. Andrew started going to his Aunt Meredith's house twice a week or as Andrew calls it "fhool". I think his first day of school picture is priceless. This was him after being told we were not walking up to Gigi's school (the neighborhood school where his grandmother teaches) with all the other big kids but getting in the car. Once he heard the words Aunt Mere, Jacob and Zachary he was all smiles and ready to roll. As much as I would have loved for him to be sitting and smiling, this picture is way more better than those and I will cherish it forever (and show it when he graduates high school)
When all of this came about, I jokingly started calling his two days a week with Meredith and the boys, "Aunt Mere's Montessori" Before life as a Mom she was a montessori teacher and is truly talented at teaching little kids but never did I expect her to teach Andrew. Well, she took my joke and RAN with the idea of teaching the three boys those two days a week. She even put together a schedule and learning packets for each of the boys. I love that she emails us pictures through the day showing the happenings at Aunt Mere's Montessori.
The Daily Schedule:
8:30 Arrival
8:30-9:00 Morning Routine/Bible Circle Time
9:00-10:00 Art Activity/Choice of Centers
10:00-10:30 Snack/Outside Time
10:30-11:00 Seat Work: Letters/Numbers/Phonics
11:00-11:30 Music Time/Story Time
11:30-12:00 Lunch
12:00-12:30 Outside Time or Choice of Centers
12:30 Pick up Time
If Andrew could get himself out of the carseat and open the car door all by himself, he would. That kid makes me stand back (and I mean stand wayyyy back) to knock on the door. When we turn down the road that leads to their house he says, "Yea!! Aunt Mere, Zah-eee, Ja-cub!" followed by a "ride bike?"
Thank you Aunt Meredith for opening your home to our little Andrew and pouring into his life like you do. We love you and are blessed to be able to call you his first "prefhool" teacher.
