Friday, August 17, 2012

Dear Andrew



Dear Andrew, you are two!

TWO!!!

I can not believe that two years have passed since we welcomed you into our family.  It truly seems like only yesterday that I was pacing the floor telling you Dad it was time to go to the hospital.

Andrew, let's be honest shall we?  You have taken on the twos with full gusto.  Your independent, somewhat stubburn and often times down right frustrating spirit has come out over the past two months.  No matter how frustrating this stage of life is for your Dad and I, we would NOT change one thing about you.  Because this is what makes you, Andrew Jon.  Yes, we are working through some things (like hitting your cousins and tantrums in the store) but we know that this stage will soon pass so we are embracing every single moment with you.

 

One of the things we love about this stage of life, is the words that come out of your mouth.  You are such a funny kid!  The other day, I set the seat down in the hallbathroom so I could put on my tennis shoes.  You and Daddy were playing in your room when you heard the clink of the toilet seat.  You told your Daddy, "Da--ee, Ma-hee goes poop!"  Oh how we laughed.


Recently we took you to eat dinner at Central Market.  You LOVED the music and would clap after every song.  Once you saw the playground in the back, there was no more keeping you at the table.  You ran and played with all the big kids and loved every minute.  You are one very social kid!

You have started to watch nonbaby type movies.  A few of your favorites are Spy Kids, Veggietale Pirates and Finding Nemo.  You still love Curious George but are asking for "George" less and less.  You love to sing Pirate songs, "yar, yar, yar!" and play "Yo, yo, yo ho blow the man down" with your Dad on the bed.  Every time he sings this song, you stand up and wait with much glee for him to push you down on the bed.  You love to play the piano and I look forward to the day you are old enough to start lessons.  You will sit at Mommy's piano and say "For, for, for!" over and over.  I finally figured out that you are singing one of our night time songs.  "For all that you've done I will thank you. For all that you're going to do. For all that you've promised and all that you are is all that has carried me through, Jesus I thank you!"  That is the other thing you love, you love to rock before bed.  It is one of the only times I can get you to sit still and cuddle with your mama.  You lay your head on my chest, clinch Bunbun in one hand and pat my arm with the other.  You have started singing along with me and it warms my heart to hear you version of worshipping the Lord. You also LOVE to pray.  I cried the other night as we sat and prayed because it was the first time you took both my hands, bowed your head and stayed that way until we gave a hearty AMEN!  I thanked the Lord for His tangible proof (that's you) that He does answer prayers. 

 
 
 
Andrew, you are such a blessing to your Dad & I.  We so enjoy having you in our life and couldn't imagine our life without you.  God blessed us when he gave us you and we would not trade you for anything!  Thank you for being you!
 
We love you very, very much!
 
 
Ma--hee & Da-ee