Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Grand Adventure of 2012




 a few months ago, our sweet neighbors moved back home which is far, far, far away past the mason dixon line.  we were bummed to see them go but kristin and I started planning my first visit North.  for months, we texted, planned and became very giddy about our first ever GRAND adventure sans husbands & kids.



one of the things on my bucket list was to visit the grand hotel.  I am a HUGE fan of Somewhere in Time and that is the hotel where the movie was filmed.  the problem is, it's far, far away and it costs an arm and a leg.  well, good things happen to those who wait and run with a great friend like K.R.  who kept checking the rates and lets just say we got the deal of century and knew we couldn't pass up a night at the grand hotel.  our room was BEAUTIFUL and overlooked my all time favorite lighthouse, also featured in my favorite movie.  it was postively delightful.

our room
our view
in addition to staying at the Grand Hotel we drove all over the great state of MI, leaving no shop unturned and no vineyard without wine bottle or three.  i never realized how strong my texas accent was until I spent an afternoon at one of the local vineyards repeating cowboy pharses like "y'all come back now, you hear." 


one of my favorite parts of the trip (other than jamming to old school hip hop beats with my favorite northerner) was visiting a christmas shop called Bronners.  OH MY HEAVENLY STARS IT WAS AWESOME!  if you know me, you know i am a HUGE fan of a themed christmas tree & was in creative overdrive checking out all the themed tree ideas.  {and I walked out of there under budget-sweet}



it truly was a wonderful trip & I look forward to many more adventures with my road trip partner in crime.  although I am not sure our husbands will EVER let us leave the house again.  thanks for the guided tour--looking forward to showing you Texas (just as long as you know, there is no way you can drive the entire state like we did yours because, EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS)