Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Christmas Miracle


Andrew,

I want to tell you a story, a story I hope you will carry with you always. It's a story I like to tell many and use as my reminder that God does answer our prayers.  Your life is proof of that. You see, a few years ago, your Dad & I began to dream about expanding our family of two.  What we thought would only take us a few short months turned out to an almost 5 year wait.  During this time, we learned a lot about trusting God, surrendering our plans to His and most of all enjoying & cherishing the journey wherever it may lead.  I am not going to lie and say it was easy, because it wasn't and there were many nights I cried myself to sleep begging the Lord to remove us from the waiting period.  And yet, looking back--I would not change one thing about that season.  Not only did it bring your Dad and I closer, it also taught me a lot about letting go and trusting the Lord fully with HIS plan for my life.  I guarantee you that if we knew that at the end of the waiting was this sweet little face waiting for us, we'd do it all again. (Perhaps with more joy and less gnashing of teeth though)

It's been three years since we received the greatest gift imaginable, our positive plus sign that a new life was on it's way.  I will never forget the moment I found out and turned to look in the mirror, with big ole crocodile tears I cried, "Thank you God for making me a Mom.  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"  Later that morning, I found myself moved once again by God's goodness and kneeled in front of our Christmas tree and wept tears of joy for all that the Lord has done & all that He is going to do with us. 

Andrew, God has GREAT plans for you!  Your life has brought your Dad and I so much joy--and it is hard to remember what life was like without you. Thank you for making this home overflow with love & laughter (and lots of marching down the hall). We soak up every moment with you.

Sweet One, may you never forget that you are a precious, much prayed for gift of God.

We love you!
Daddy & Mommy