Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One Little Word 2013: Be



be- to exist, to have real existence.

our one little word for this year is "be."

it's a simple word that completely defines our goals for this year. 

live in the moment.
exist in the moment.
enjoy the moment.
just be.

this year we celebrate 10 years of marriage. we have come a long way from when the picture above was taken.  we have grown to be content in the plans that God has for us--enjoying the journey with every twist and turn that has come our way.

on our honeymoon, I kept asking jeff the question, "what's next?" during the middle of each planned event that he has spent countless hours coordinating every little detail.  for the life of me, I could not sit back and just be.  I was so busy looking ahead that I missed the beauty of being present, with my husband on our honeymoon.  the night we came home from our honeymoon, our family was altered dramatically with one single phone call.  that phone call was the beginning of a ten year journey that brings me to this present moment.  I learned from that one phone call that life is fleeting & no one knows the number of days we have ahead and so I have learned to be more present in the day to day.  and then began the journey to be a mom and I struggled with the question, "what's next?"  in a much more gut-wrenching way.  praise the LORD then came Andrew  & I have watched him grow and develop much too quickly for my liking. I would give anything to just have time stand still for just one more day so I could cherish each moment with him a little bit longer.   so in 2013, i will no longer ask the question "what's next?" because asking this hinders me from being present today.  instead our family of three is going to rest in the one little word, be.  we are going to live in the moment, exist int he moment, enjoy the moment and just be.

 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Matthew 6:34