Friday, December 13, 2013

He Won't Forget This Birthday...



We started off Jeff's birthday with home made carrot cake for breakfast.  Andrew INSISTED (like with everyone who celebrates a birthday this year) that it was his birthday too and he needed to help blow out the candles.  The rest of his birthday was not so calm. We had a plan to have his parents over for a party at our place for cake and ice cream.  Around 4 that day, in the middle of Texas summer our electricity went out.  Thankfully the in-laws still had electricity, most importantly AC so we packed up our things and headed 4 miles east.  During this time, my grandfather was in the hospital.  We were trying to determine if I needed to head up to the hospital.  Things were nuts & my heart wanted to make Jeff's birthday special but I also wanted to be with my grandfather in his final hours.  Fast forward to the next day, as Jeff and I were heading out to the hospital.  We notice that there were a bunch of papers in the passenger side.  I ask Jeff if he was looking for something last night.  And he says, "No we were broken into."  After a quick look around, I realize that in the hassle of getting all our things inside to my in-laws house, I left my purse inside the car. NOOOOOO!!!!  Jeff calls the police, files a report, we head to the bank close down my credit cards and then confirm with my mother in law that she is fine to watch Andrew while we go to the hospital.  The worst part about my purse (besides it was my favorite one to carry) my keys were inside.  My car has a special computer program and we had to have the car towed to the dealership in order to get a new key made.  After taking off an arm and leg for payment, I had my car back but not after much to do.  Jeff and I will NEVER forget this birthday and we now know to ask two questions when we get out of the car.  He will ask, "Do you have your purse?" and I will ask, "Did you lock the car?"