Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines 2014


We keep Valentines day simple at the Young house.  This time next week the Lady of the House celebrates her birthday and then two weeks after that we celebrate our anniversary.  So valentines is fun but simple.

I had to document the Young 3 happenings tonight because it was perfect for us.  We ate in tonight then after dinner we had a dance party in the kitchen.  At one point I wanted to grab my camera to document life but decided to live life instead.  Trust this: Andrew has some sweet, sweet moves.  

Jeff had an errand to run & asked Andrew if he wanted to have a guy outing.  "But not without Mom !"  Well mom had just finished putting on her flannel pj pants and was settling in on the couch to read her latest book.  "Please, Mom!?!?"

So I threw on pink converse and strutted myself into Home Depot like I was dressed in my finest & savored every single moment with my boys.  

 I told Jeff today that my favorite part about having him for a Valentine is the security and safety that comes from being his wife.  As a child of divorce & having spent a few years where safe was not the norm in our home this is the perfect gift to give this girl year after year.  I love the legacy our family is creating, one day at a time.

We ended our family night by grabbing a sweet treat at McD's and let Andrew play on the play scape.  It was perfect for us & a sweet way to end a sweet but simple day.