Monday, February 28, 2011

Be Still My Heart

I love his baby blues!

I heard him cry out tonight from his crib.  I sat for a minute to see if he would put himself back to sleep.  His cry sounded different than the normal cries I hear during the night so I went to investigate.  After checking him over, I laid my hand on his chest.  "Shh, Mama's here.  Shh!"  He reached for my hand and fell back to sleep.  Be still my heart, he just needed his mama.  :)

I started to tear up standing next to his crib.  I thought to myself, "This is MY SON!"  How blessed I am to be his mother.  I tried not to ugly cry while standing at his crib because I was afraid he would wake up.

This little guy has stolen my heart.  He makes my heart leap for joy when his face lights up every time I enter the room.  I can't imagine my life with out this sweet boy & I cherish every moment spent with him. 

God has been good to Jeff & I and this feeling tonight is something I hope I never take for granted. Thank you God for answering our prayers and blessing us with Andrew Jon.  What a gift!


And I love his Buddha belly! :)