We have some friends that could really use our prayers today. Praying friends, please see the links below to pray for these sweet families.
Pray for Becky's Dad and her family. http://becstamps.blogspot.com/
Pray for the Washburn family and especially Sharon. http://sharonwashburn.blogspot.com/
It's strange because both Becky and Randi were on my heart yesterday when I woke up. I didn't know why but I said a quick pray and made a mental note to touch base soon. Well, now I know why and I was completely humbled that yet again God would consider me worthy enough to alert me to a prayer need before even knowing the need at hand. I consider it a holy privilege to pray and like the old hymn says, "take it to the Lord in prayer" for many of you.
Yesterday was not only filled with praying for these two sweet families but many other families. My inbox was full with prayer requests and real life heartaches. It was one of those days that made me realize it's not all about us. This time last year, many of us fell to our knees and cried out to the Lord for Him to heal Jenny B. In a few weeks, we will hit the one year milestone of her death. I don't know why the Lord took her and I trust that all things work to the good of those who love him. (Romans 8:28) Yet the loss of Jenny is still very raw to many especially to her husband, daughter, family and close friends. Please pray for those during this time.
With each of these prayer requests, I realize that yet again life is short and no one knows the amount of their days. I want to live my life to the fullest. And I echo Father Tim's prayer in the Mitford series, "Lord help me be a blessing to someone today." Even when I am at my wits end with deadlines, laundry, phone calls, teething babies and husbands who constantly ask for me to rub his feet (and oh how I HATE feet)--Lord help me to be a blessing.
Love to you all!