Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Andrew's 1st Birthday Sneak Peak

Andrew's first birthday party is Saturday!  Can you believe it?  My feelings resemble Wall Street, one day I am down the next day I'm up.  I LOVE a good party but I still can't believe that in less than a week he will be one.  It seems like only yesterday, I was laid up on the couch watching Jaws with Jeff, eating tons of watermelon (my biggest craving) in between trips to 7-11 for a slurpee (my next biggest craving) and jaunts to the Costco cooler (the only way to stay cool in August when you are nine months pregnant).  Then one day something didn't feel right and after a good 24 hours out comes Andrew. Wham, Bam, thank you M'am--here's your son!  And now we celebrate 365 days of Andrew Jon--what?!?

The past few nights, I have been working on my own gummy skewers for Andrew's party guests.


And I made my own swim trunk banner from my stash of scrapbook paper similar to the one pictured below.

http://www.hostessblog.com/2010/09/preppy-beach-party/

The crab that is also pictured with the skewers will make an appearance on his cupcakes.

I will post a full wrap up for my crafty friends out there next week but I better go supervise the Little Chef.  He wanted to whip up something special for his party too! :)