Monday, August 15, 2011

Celebrating Andrew




This past weekend we gathered our family and friends to celebrate Andrew Jon's first birthday.  This day was positively delightful from start to finish.  Thanks to all of those who came out to celebrate our little boy!

The party theme was crabs and as I had to explain to Andrew's Grandpa, it is not a play on his disposition but because the good people at Target put their summer party gear on sale.  I scored all of his party goods for less than $30.  Mr. Budget was a happy man! :)


I am so grateful to my sweet friends who came early to help with the party set up.    Nothing like having your girlfriends around when you are about to celebrate your son's first birthday. 



Thanks to Andrew's Daddy for getting the boy ready & bringing him to the party.  Can you tell that Andrew just woke up from his nap?


I thought this photo captured the activity of the day nicely! Andrew had a blast pulling all the colorful tissues out of the gift bags.


After presents we did the cake.  For the past two weeks, Jeff & I have been singing "Happy Birthday" to Andrew to practice for the big moment.  When we get done singing we say "and blow" to which Andrew sticks out his tongue and blows a big zerburt.  Well, I guess we should have practiced with a lighted candle because ALL HE WANTED was to touch the flame.


Andrew didn't quite know what to think of his cake. It required a bit of coaxing from Mom before he would dig in.


And as you can see, he warmed up to the cake rather nicely.

It was a sweet day celebrating, Andrew.  I still can't believe that in less than 10 hours Andrew will be a year old.  This year has been an absolute joy--we are so very blessed to have Andrew in our lives.  I look forward to watching the Lord's plans for Andrew unfold.