Monday, August 8, 2011

Our First Trip to Cabella's

When a blog break takes place at Young365 it is usually means one thing, the #1 reader is on vacation.

Our family of three had many adventures these past few weeks that kept me away from the computer at night.  Even though I was unable to take vacation with him,  we sure did enjoy having him with us at night.  But let's be honest...I am looking forward to having the bed all to myself again. (Don't judge--we have worked opposite schedules are whole relationship so going to sleep at the same time is rough & new to us!)

One of our many adventures was a trip to Cabella's with Andrew's grandparents.  As we were driving back from our weekend getaway, we got wind they were heading there so we put the pedal to the metal so we could join them too.  It was Andrew's first trip & we don't like missing out on his first adventures often :) 

Nothing says "Father-Son Bonding" quite like a store built around guns, outdoor adventures and stuffed dead animals.  Good times in Texas!



Check out Andrew's face...his eyes were as big as saucers checking out all the fun things.  A feast for his eyes!


This catfish was bigger than my son! Thank God for the glass otherwise Andrew may have been lunch.

Andrew was thinking, "If I could only get in there to crawl around in all that dirt!"


A man to man chat with Poppy.

Checking out all the animals at the "Free, Indoor Zoo" just don't tell Andrew that the animals are not real, what he doesn't know can't hurt him, right?!


Thanks Dad for getting the gang all together for Andrew's first trip to Cabella's!  I see many more trips here in his future. 



And yes, my Dad, Jeff & Andrew went back three days later "to give me some peace & quiet while I worked." Thanks guys for thinking of me but the gig is up! I know you guys just wanted another adventure with just the boys!