Sunday, August 28, 2011

Walking the Crosswalk


The Johnson family invited us to join in the traditional First Day of School walk the crosswalk.  They literally live a crosswalk away from school so it has become their tradition to walk across and take each of the kids to class.  But this year was EXTRA special because it was Elijah's first day of Kindergarten.  I was reminded this day to savor every moment with Andrew because it seems like only yesterday that Elijah was Andrew's age. 



I know I am a biased Aunt but Elijah is the cutest coolest Kindergartner EVER!  This picture tugs at my heartstrings every time I see it. His face is a mixture of emotion but the sweet thing is trying to be strong.  :)  Later that afternoon, he called me with the rundown of his first day.  My favorite quote from our conversation, "Aunt Sue-Sue, I had to sit ALLL DAY!"  It's tough growing up isn't it, Eli?


And this picture just cracks me up! Andrew's little hands sitting on his legs, his one size too small hat and the look of "Mom, please don't leave me!"  Adorable!


Katy's drop off was a little less of a big deal. I was so happy for her and her favorite friend, Megan who are in the same class again FINALLY! I am not going to lie but I prayed for this because these girls are like peanut butter & jelly, they are just better together. Katy called telling me she was trying out for choir and the recorder club. I have a feeling Meg's is behind my introverted niece going outside of her comfort zone. I truly love watching these two girls together and can't wait to sit on the sidelines for many Megs & Katy adventures this year! :)


When we got back from dropping the kids off, Andrew was sweet to his Aunt Missy & Uncle Gunnar.  He gave Aunt Missy a big hug right after this picture was taken like he knew she need extra loving from him. 


Faith, Katy & Elijah,

 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16) 

Faith-7th grade, Katy-4th grade, Elijah-Kindergarten

Uncle Jeff & I wish you a very blessed school year filled with limitless possibilities! Remember with God all things are possible!!

We love you!
Uncle Jeff, Aunt SueSue & Cousin Andrew