Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Andrew: One Year Old


Andrew,

It has been over thirty days since you have turned an official one year old.  As you know, for the past year we have taken a picture of you in your red chair to mark you turning a month older.  The day you turned twelve months old, you started to move AND I MEAN MOVE!  And well, you haven't stopped since.  The only way I could get you to sit long enough in your red chair was for you to hold Daddy's ITOUCH.  Unfortunately you have become very good at deleting and rearranging Daddy's apps.  His ITOUCH will never be the same.


Son, your new nickname is Texas Tornado. The other day I was on the phone with a client when I watched you crawl into my office. In the short time I was on the phone you DESTROYED my office. It was hilarious to watch you in the act. I did what any good documenting mother would do and grabbed my camera to remember this moment.


Here you are unfiling the pictures I just spent all of nap time filing.



For your birthday, you got a walker from Nanny & Poppie. You LOVE this thing! Every time we put you in it you go full steam ahead. The other day, Daddy took you outside to play. There were a few neighborhood kids playing down the way and you couldn't get to them fast enough. You truly love to be around people. {Please note: the hand in the air since Andrew was waving & talk non-stop & his feet barely touching the ground--he was MOVING}


You thrive on social interaction.  I try to schedule lunch dates & play dates for you during the week because you seem to be in better spirits when you can get out and be with your people.  I think by the end of the week you get bored with being cooped up in the house.  One of your favorite friends to lunch with is Kendall, your swimming lesson friend.  You haven't officially declared your feelings but at this past lunch you grabbed her highchair and pulled her closer. 



You also thrive on having alone time.  I usually will let you play in your crib 15-20 minutes after you wake up.  You love to play in your crib.  The laughter that comes from there is the absolute sweetest thing.  You also are a big fan of books.  (the brainwashing is paying off)  I have found you in your room just reading.



As busy as the past thirty days have been for us, you are still the light of our lives.  Your personality is coming out in full force (some good & some bad).  But at the end of the day, you are still ours and we wouldn't trade you for anything.  Especially when your little face peers over my office chair and you say, "Ma-ma, hiiii!"



We love you, Andrew Jon!