Tuesday, November 1, 2011

1st Annual Trick or Treat Fest 2011

Eli aka Iron Man, Geisha Faith, Katy dressed as her Mom Missy, Buzz & Woody, a Lion and a Munchkin

Last night we hosted the 1st Annual Trick or Treat Fest for our family and friends.  A few years ago, Jeff & I were invited to a friend's neighborhood to trick or treat and eat Frito Pie on the Driveway.  We had so much fun & knew it would be a tradition that we hoped to start when we had our own home.  This year was our second year to host & it was a party that Andrew hoped would never end.  I literally had to put him into his bed around 9, kicking & screaming.  He could have played all night if we would have let him.  (the boy was covered in sidewalk chalk from head to toe)


Thanks to Pinterest I gathered lots of low cost party ideas and decorating tips.
The party favors were bottles of bubbles wrapped like mummy's.



And I found a great "Witch's Brew" recipe that was very delicious and so easy to make.  Please notice my Styrofoam candy corns made from cones and yarn and my straws wrapped with black ribbon (aka bats) where people could write their name on the ribbon and keep in their glass. 


And of course the Star of the Show... the Frito Pie. This truly is a great food to serve if you are hosting a bunch of people. It didn't cost much and it was low maintenance. Two of my musts when I host a party.



My friend Lauren & I seized this opportunity to dress up together. The original idea was for Sadie to be Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, Andrew the Lion, Lauren as Glenda the Good Witch and Me the Wicked Witch of the West.  But bargains you couldn't pass up and new babies on the way caused us to change up the roster last minute & I think it turned out very well.  Plus who doesn't like to wear overalls when your preggo!

so let me introduce you to Andrew the Cowardly Lion, Sadie the Munchkin, Lauren the Scarecrow & Susan a mix between the East & West Oz Witches. (I just wanted an excuse to wear black & white stripe hose with red converse shoes)


Andrew enjoyed his first Frito on the Driveway experience.



A big thanks to the pretty Geisha Faith for helping Andrew score his first bag of treats & showing him the ropes last night. :D


And here is our family shot for the night.  I am so thankful that Jeff was able to arrange his work schedule so he could join the party tonight.