Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


Thanksgiving this year was spent locally & I must admit, I love the slower pace this year brought.  Our family of three woke up early and headed to Fort Worth to run in the Turkey Trot.  This was Andrew's first year to attend.  While I was getting Andrew ready to head out the door, I was explaining to him the concept of a race.  He looks up at me and says, "I fast. I win."



He really did great while we walked through the sea of people.  He ate Pumpkin-Blueberry muffins and kept watch for the fox.  This guy dressed up in a fox costume and it proved to be a big hit with many of the kids. When we finally caught up to him, I thanked him for making my son's day.  The fox says, "Yep, that's why I do it every year."  When we crossed the finish line a lady was passing out Turkey Trot medals to all the kids.  Oh man, was Andrew happy!  He still requests his Turkey necklace almost daily.


Later in the day was when the Thanksgiving festivities did a nose dive for me.  I woke up from our nap not feeling well.  I just figured I was hungry and needed to eat something.  I kept trying to munch on snacks here and there to tide me over until the Turkey feast later that evening.  As the day wore on, I felt worse and by the time the meal was served I was hugging the toilet at my in laws.  (Brought back memories of a certain Christmas 2 1/2 years ago when I was pregnant and had my first case of morning sickness in front of the family.)  And no, I am not PG because along with the yucks came the fever and what not.  24 hours later, I felt like a new person and am so grateful to Jeff and his family for helping take over for Andrew.  I hated to be sick over the holiday weekend but atleast I had all hands on deck to help with the boy.



Andrew on the other hand had a great time and didn't even miss me especially with the marble contraption.  This boy was in heaven and even threw a fit when it was time to leave Poppy's house.  Thanks to all for keeping him well occupied & huge thanks to Uncle Jason for being his best buddy!  We sure do love watching you two play together :)